|Posted by greyfoxx11 on May 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM|
Just this past weekend we went through a full moon that carried with it an intensity of experience. Emotional release, deep insights, and deep subconscious stirrings. All of these things carried with them the free will to go through experiences, finish old lessons, to go deeper into the unknown, or not. The week prior was full of amazing revelations, compassionate insights into behaviors of others, and lessons on using ones voice when it comes to boundaries. The Universe decided it was time for me to speak up, so an experience was played out that week that involved another psychic healing practitioner. This practitioner singled me out, giving me unsolicited advice, which, while it was insightful, as a psychic and healer myself, I began to tune into another energy that was slowly emerging from this person. I listened, with increasing agitation, as the conversation slowly turned into inappropriate remarks that were like red lights to an issue of lack of boundaries. I was left feeling ill at ease at the encounter as if my energy had been pushed, opened, and violated. Deep down, we can all tell the difference between someone sending unconditional love and someone who is sending sexual energy, whether it be a conscious act or not. Always, always listen to your first gut reaction! I didn't know what to say. I was guided to immediatley shield my energy and I was then left alone, still left with the uncomfortable feeling that whatever this person was looking for was already taken. As I began to speak out I since then began to hear others come out and speak up of their own experiences and what I would call horror stories.
As a professional in the metaphysical field I believe we should be held to no different set of ethics as a health care practitioner, lawyer, counselor, etc. Having a psychic reading or a healing can be a very personal experience, opening up the emotions and energy fields, bringing one into a very vulnerable place. We are opened on many different levels as we are healed and counseled. I found this code of ethics for psychics taken from OM Times Magazine and found it very fitting:
Code of Ethics for Psychics
- Use your abilities wisely and for the good of all.Do not use your abilities to control, manipulate or program another.
- Take full responsibility for your own energy, setting and running it accordingly.
- Accept that everyone and everything has value.
- Be committed to being in your body and experiencing the present moment.
- Understand that you are part of everything that exists and that you have an impact on that existence through every thought, deed and action.
- Remain emotionally neutral and always aware of which energy is yours and which energy is not.
- Never use your abilities for ego, personal gain or personal power.
- Deliver the psychic messages you receive with truth and integrity and without your own personal interpretation.
- Remember self-care and always take the time to ground yourself.
- Use your abilities with positive intention and positive thought.
- Never pass judgment on a sitter or a client.
- Avoid dwelling on the negative and focus on enriching the positive.
- Never decide for the client or impede their free will.Do not create sitter/psychic dependencies.
- Live by the laws of autonomy and free will.
- Read the past and present with only a reference to the probable and possible futures of the sitter, thus allowing the sitter the freedom to create their own future.
- Never conduct a psychic reading on a person/sitter/client/bystander/stranger, etc. without their permission.
- Always keep the client’s information confidential.
For those of you who have had genuine experiences of inappropriateness and other boundary issues with a professional or any human being for that matter, please don't be afraid to speak up! Don't let it define you as a loving, open, compassionate human being. Love you.